School was suspended for a field trip today. Dd and I got together with 30-some other homeschoolers to visit Hartzler's Dairy in Wooster.We saw via video the milking, pasturizing, cream separation, butter churning, ice cream making, and bottling of milk. I was most interested to learn that Hartzler's does light pasturization at 145ºF rather than temps of 175º or even higher. Also the milk
they sell is not homogenized. I came home with salted and unslated butter souvenirs. Also some organic cheese.Following the tour we all enjoyed some ice cream. It was excellent! Then we tumbled into our caravan of vehicles and had a picnic in a park with an amazing playground.
We were nuts! It was sooooo cold out there (about 50ºF). But the
playground was so inviting and the kids filled with ice cream so that they ran straight for the playground.The moms ate in the picnic shelter, huddled in blankets, and had our usual great conversations. Before we had had enough of the cold, around 1:30 pm., a few of the children came in to eat, but not mine. She wanted to get the most of playing and opted to eat in the car on the way home.
Now we are settled back at home and listening to Rhinoceros Tap. Highly recommended for music lovers.Oh that's right! Music lovers: I'll see you Sat. April 29th at the Boneyard for Dh's first gig with Running in Circles. They go on at about 10:00 p.m.


5 comments:
I need to find out what kind of software and such you use that you can get pictures up so quickly.
um... I don't know. Check with my Dear Husband.
When I got in the car to come home, the thermometer said 30 degrees.
I'm sorry - I mean 38 degrees!
Polly,
Those 8 degrees make a big difference! It did feel a lot colder than 50. But that was the forcast I'd heard for metro Cleveland the night before so that number was stuck in my head.
There was freezing rain in my neighborhood when I was coming home. I'll need to bring my potted grapefruit tree back in tonight.
Post a Comment