Wednesday, April 12, 2006

On the Right Track

Hooray! The spiral sock is back on track and I have made an important discovery: these will be my "baseball" socks. I cannot keep track of the stitches while the kids are playing and the results were even worse when I was trying to knit and talk or knit and watch TV. But the good results from yesterday's work taught me I can do well with this while listening to the baseball games on the radio. The spirals are finally all even.

There is something else new for me with this sock. I have not had a problem in the past with looser stitches at the corners of the needles, but with this sock I cannot seem to make the stitches consistent. This was not a problem while I was doing the ribbing, it only started after I continued on to the leg of the sock.
Any thoughts?
How can I remedy this?
Will the stitches even out after the socks are washed a time or two?

Because Dh and I did want to watch some TV together last night I needed to find another project that I could do with the TV on. I got out the green-taupe-brown yarn a friend had given me, selected a new pattern, and started another pair of socks. This pattern continues long in the foot and has slanted toe decreases that result in a right and a left sock.

I'll have to put another set of dpns on my shopping list. Both of the socks pictured here are on size 1, so I have to change to holding needles when I want to switch projects. Then I also like to work on both socks of a pair at the same time, so having only one set of size 1's is getting tedious.

No comments: