Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Fancy Feet

C'est Finis! I'm very pleased with these. The more square toe suits my feet and I used up almost all the yarn left over from the two pairs of Wool Ease socks I had made. A correction I will make for next time is to make the ankle a little more than just 4 rows -- maybe 8 or 12. I kept it to a minimum this time because I was unsure about how much yarn I had left.

Well, back to school -- Thursday and Friday are filled with hair cut and Dr. appts. So we have to get through lots of school today. Writing, math and history are on the schedule.

Thanks for the recommendation, Polly, on Crunchy Cons. I'll begin reading it today now that I'm not itching to finish these footies any more. It is a great way for me to avoid picking up the spiral sock I began a couple of weeks ago. Yesterday I had to rip out another half inch or so. I dread that I may need to start over. This is not the project for one who likes to watch TV while knitting or one with young children who interrupt with urgent communiques like "Mommy! I put the truck in the box!" or "I ate a Cheerio." After all, it must be the interruptions messing up my work. Surely it cannot be that I have trouble counting to three (over and over and over and over again).

Go Tribe! We took our first two series. Tonight we face the Seattle Mariners. I'll root for Mike Hargrove any time except when his team is battling the Indians. He was my favorite player as a child. I liked watching "The Human Rain Delay" face a pitcher.

1 comment:

Barb the Evil Genius said...

I still miss Grover! :( Think we should do a church outing to Jacob's Field sometime?