Monday, April 10, 2006

Busy Weekend

The weekend was busy with a huge list of things to accomplish. The kids were at Grandma and Grandpa's. DH and I started early on Saturday with separate errands and after lunch had several more errands to run together. Here a happy dad is preparing for hours and hours of spring, summer, and fall fun with the kids.
After the frustration of two trips to the one local shop and two trips to Home Depot we had a nice dinner. Then around 9 p.m. I realized there were yet more things I left off the shopping list. Those will have to wait until next time.

Today I have a full school day planned. We'll take Thursday and Friday off for Easter break. We were uncomfortably behind in math, history and science. Now we have cought up to the point of being only about two weeks behind in math. The big push to get some catching up in history will begin after Easter.

The knitting was promising this weekend. I really thought I might finish the footies. No such luck. The first one has about 6 rounds to go before I kitchener the toes. When I pick up the second one again I'll be just beginning the toe decreases. Monday's don't usually offer a lot of knitting time. Maybe Tuesday I'll get to wear them.

3 comments:

Genuine Lustre said...

I didn't know Mr. N. was an earmuff kind of guy. Have fun!

Marie N. said...

Mr. N. says he knew either you or Scott would come up with a comment about them.

It was cold out that day. Poor guy was pouring 380 lbs. of sand into the base through a little circle 2 inches in diameter.

Glad it wasn't me! We are all enjoying it.

Marie N. said...

He's putting it up -- fulfilling a 15-year (at least) dream! He's wanted
one of these as long as we've dreamed of owning a home. The extra bonus he
has discovered is time spend with our daughter - exercising together,
watching her improve her shot, and the talking time they get in while this
is happening. Last time she tought him about how dragonfly's eyes have
hundreds of facets so they can see in all directions. We're imagining the
conversations will change a bit over the years!