
This is my first shawl. I made it for dd in December as a Christmas gift. It is very similar to one she was given as a gift when her little brother was born. That one was well worn and outgrown. This is a glossy white nylon/acrylic eyelash. It suits its owner well. It is a simple triangle. I cast on some 80 stitches and knitted three rows. Then I decreased one stitch by binding off the last stitch in every row until the final three stitches which were bound off at once.
I inherited several shawls and stoles that I rarely wear. Now that I've just begun to have an appreciation for the effort that went into making them, I'm looking forward to incorporating them into my wardrobe more. Especially on Sundays. Our large and ancient church building is rarely warm enough for me to be comfortable without a coat, unless it is July or August.
This is the back panel of the summer sweater I'm working on now. It is almost ready to begin shaping the shoulders and neck. So I spent some time this morning browsing Knitty learning that I have been picking up stitches incorrectly. This is good to know now. And I'm not bothered by the past mistakes because they were all on felted items and the errors are now not noticable.
Here's a closer view of the back right around where the sleeve will attach. When I found this pattern I knew right away I would lengthen the sweater a few inches (3"). Now I'm considering shortening the sleeves about an inch. We'll see what happens.


3 comments:
Oh Marie what a great blog....now I can waste more of my time reading what *other* people *actually* accomplish : )
Marie....your work is beautiful
Thank you for sharing!
Lora
I love shawls. Wear them often Marie . . . with a hat.
Post a Comment