Then this morning I awoke to see she was wearing it with her summer cropped pants -- lol!
And another thank you to the Quipper for joining me in celebrating with a glass of wine. He says I deserve a break from knitting now. There are more ideas of what I'd like to do next floating around in my head. Last night I did a swatch to see if I had the correct size needles to start a pair of socks I'm curious about. I do not own the right size. So I'll see what inspires me next.I also just got Bonfire of the Vanities from the library. It is a big thick book so it will take up my evenings for a while whilst I let my fingers rest.


6 comments:
I will toast to you too!
Congratulations! I'll have a glass of sangria, please.
Brilliant! A job well done! Enjoy "Bonfire of the Vanities"...I read it a while ago and I can't make up my mind about it.
Looks great! You must feel really good about getting that done. I can remember being so thrilled whenever my mother knit something for me. Like your daughter, I couldn't wait to put it on!
Amazing Marie.
Hi Plain and Simple,
I'm more than half way through the book (Bonfire of the Vanities) now and I understand your comment. It is a gripping read, but it is more foulmouthed than I can appreciate. I did not expect a light hearted tale, but the depths of dread and despair I've encountered so far are unnerving.
I've not been to New York since my grandmother died some 20 years ago. But the things I do remember from my trips through the Bronx make it quite vivid for me. When I read the author's foreward I realized he was in the city making his notes, developing his characters during the time I was making an annual visit to the city.
Post a Comment