Thursday, September 28, 2006

Ouch!

I'm not sure what I did. Maybe it's just age. The tendon running over my right index finger is aggravated and causing some pain. I'm hoping this will disappear in a few days and not rear its ugly head again. Then I can refer to it as my old knitting injury.

In the mean time, I was able to buy some size US 17 needles (12.75 mm). I passed over the beautiful wood ($18) version and bought the cheap plastic needles. This size, now the largest in my collection, had decreased the time it takes to make each scarf as described in the last post.

Most of my acrylic stash is used up now, and I'm so glad I got to put it to good use. My favorite scarf may be this red one the is just about six inches long right now. K 2 rows; (K 2, P 2) two rows, repeat until it is desired length. Part of me thinks these big needles are to blame for my tendon inflammation. I didn't do any warm up exercises! Seriously, when I use the smaller needles for socks or sweaters, I've never even had any discomfort in my knuckles.

We'll see how this progresses. It will have some time to heal. I'm not done with Anna Karenina yet (150 pgs. to go). I started reading Bleak House on line. And I have two other library books here at home waiting me for to pay some attention to them.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

marie,
i think i would blame it on your knitting marathon-8 scarves in 4 days!! slow down-it's not cold out yet!
lori o

Anonymous said...

BTW mylargest needles are 50-you could knit a scarf in about 5 minutes!!

Amy said...

Wow, those scarves are great! I really should start knitting again. I always picture it as the perfect cozy winter activity :)

Babette said...

Lovely scarves, but you don't know when to quit, Marie! ;~)

Wonderful yoga poses for healing your hands: Salabhasana or Locust and Ardha Chandrasana or Half-Moon. If you send me your email address, I will email you the instructions on how to find these poses with proper alignment. My contact info is: dikefam at hotmail dot com. I confess to being a Lutheran yogini.

Anonymous said...

OK Marie. I decided to join in the fun.

Marie N. said...

Thank you everyone :-)

Welcome Classical Pelican!!!

I'm going to blame it on those childproof medicine bottles I need to open numerous times a day now. One child just finished meds today and the second child was prescribed. And so it goes.

At the hospital (the common cold = respiratory distress for my little one) today I was able to knit pain free.

I'll post again after I get more than one consecutive hour of sleep.

yes said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.