Sunday, October 01, 2006

Success

After several years of trying to grow nice mums in the front of the house, this fall I have some success. They will be in full bloom soon smiling their golden yellow smiles at me.Thank you, Evil Genius, for the flowers. The Engineer and I are noticing the experiment work in reverse as the water in the vase takes on a green hue.

4 comments:

Barb the Evil Genius said...

The mums look very nice! They're so cheerful in the fall.

I'm glad you and the Engineer like the carnations.

Anonymous said...

So pretty! Are your hands better now?...I've got a touch of rheumatism myself...how's the knitting coming on dear? Heck, I'm turning into an old lady!

Marie N. said...

Thanks for asking, P & S,

My hands feel better and I've finished some reading I needed to get done before I owed library fines.

I am starting to think of what project will be next... I think I found a pattern that will work for a lace sweater I'd like to make for myself. I bought 2200 yds of variagated green fingerweight yarn imagining it would make a beautiful lace sweater. Little did I know finding a pattern would present a problem!

But I may make a pair of driving gloves before I begin the sweater. The cold will be on my steering wheel soon.

Scottius Maximus said...

MarieN!

Nice little bed there. Mums are cool. I'm quite afraid ours won't come back in the spring, but so far so good.