Tuesday, October 17, 2006

The last few days

For about nine months now I've tried to load a photo to accompany my name of these blogs and I just cannot figure it out. Every time I try it tells me the photo is too big. But I'm still trying. Next I'll try getting the Quipper to scan a photo for me and I'll see if that will be a small enough file. Here are the candidates. Hopefully some time soon I'll get one to load.A few days ago the Quipper got to take the kids out back to kick the football. A good time was had by all. He was impressed with the passes the Artist threw when she recovered the Engineer's kicks. The Quipper's sore fingers (from kicks that did not land squarely on the ball) are not bothering him too much!

It is a big deal to see a cherry picker driving down the road when you are four years old. So you can imagine the excitement when this truck pulled into our driveway. We were in need of a small repair. The workmen could do their job using a ladder so, my engineer did not get to see the bucket extended. He had fun anyway.

4 comments:

KrazyinBrooklyn said...

Who is that in the picture with the man and women? The women in the red dress? Is that you?

Marie N. said...

Hi Krazy,

*That* is Ida. She is a 1920s flapper girl. I played her when I danced for the North Coast Ballet Theatre oh so many years ago. The Boy Next Door was played by a guy who also danced with the company.

Ida has a very mischevious,flirty, impetuous personality and she has a mad crush on the Boy Next Door, who is quite happy about that fact.

I've never forget how frustrated the choreographer got with me when I had a hard time doing a fast, high extension, cakewalk in those three-inch spike heels.

skatey katie said...

OMG
is that *you* all dressed up in photo #2???
that is my favourite choice for your blog.
especially now i know it's you :o)

Marie N. said...

Thank you, Kate5,

Ida would never blush at the compliment, but I can't help it :-)