There was nothing that threatened to accumulate. But wait!!! Twelve minutes later we were about to turn left into the parking lot it was a squall.
(Well, it was not quite like this blizzard of '77 photo from Buffalo, New York, but it was a squall!) (If you'll indulge me another parenthetical note, poor Buffalo did get 15 official inches of snow at their airport last night, with up to two feet in parts of the city -- yikes!) Back in Cleveland, drivers had their lights on and I could not see the Cleveland skyline any longer.
"Why did I not get the winter coats on the kids?" Sure it's still early October, but...This morning I awoke to the news that the Detroit Tigers game will be moved up to a 4:30 start time due to the cold. What!!! Are you kidding me? It is just as cold in early April when everyone has to play evening games and most of those are still outdoors. The news report I heard did not say the game was being moved up so it could be completed before a snowfall -- they just mentioned the cold. Sounds like spoiled athlete coddling to me. It is not so cold that the media coverage equipment will fail to operate, so, "Play Ball!" Let the pitchers blow on their hands.
Last week the Artist had asked me about our Autumn decorations.


I dug them out of the attic just in time for the first snow, it seems. Perhaps I'll finish these just in time! 
Thank you to the Artist for helping me with the photos!


6 comments:
I think the left and right coast sports media are afraid the A's are on their way out, and trying to, um, level the playing field. What's 20 degrees difference between friends, anyway?
I hear Ft. Lauderdale is really nice in December, January, February and March. Care to homeschool remotely for a couple of months? :-) I'll fly back up for the gigs.
BTW...you posted the same piece twice.
Thanks for the notice on the double posting --
No, I don't want to spend much time in Florida. I'm sure 5 days would be my limit.
MN
You know you grew up in Northeastern Ohio when: you designed your Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit.
... and look OK with shorts on. 'Cause a week out you didn't know which you'd need.
Looks like you're going to need those gloves Marie! It's cold here but not *snow* cold...we don't get snow until November at the very earliest!
Post a Comment