...you bought your house in spite of the garish orange kitchen countertops? What? You didn't know orange Formica was an option for your kitchen?

...the football team your family roots for fires their Offensive Coordinator?
In the first case, I warned her that if she misspelled her name again she would get an F on the assignment.
In the second case, we're looking forward to getting an estimate on replacing the countertops. It will be tacked onto the estimate for another household project that is needed. The kitchen improvements are a great big want for me. But since all that orange Formica is actually in pretty good shape, I can't really call it a need. Sigh.
Lastly, you recognize hope on the horizon (again). (Ooh! That's another manifestation of the Cleveland chip-on-the-shoulder Cleveland Confessional Lutheran was talking about, isn't it?) It will be interesting to see what happens from here. After all, it can only get better.


5 comments:
I heard the announcers Sunday say that the Browns have sold out since 1999.
Sure are a lot of suckers in Cleveland.
Patience, little teacher mama. She probably prefers spelling her Latin name.
Orange is my favorite color, though my old formica is harvest gold.
But, you have LeBron and you get to cheer for King James!
Hi Bernadette,
I like some shades of orange, but I would not make it the focus of my kitchen by choice :-)
Orange was my mother's favorite color. She would have loved this house we bought if she had lived to see it.
The Cavaliers do have high hopes this year. The Quipper would know more about that than I.
Yeah, your kitchen is definitely sixties' chic, if you like that sort o' thing. If not, well...
Well, we've all thought that your daughter has always been a little slow on the uptake. : P
NOT!!!
I hope you are able to get your kitchen done Marie - what a delight that would be. Is Quipper up to doing it himself?
Writing is a huge problem for our Zane. Pastor got very exasperated last week at catechism when he gave the kids a quiz and Zane had to ask how to spell every single word. It gets tiring. He has done everything later than the siblings. But orally, he's as quick as a whip! He has finally stumbled onto something he loves reading - the Childhood of Famous Americans biographies. He's been reading one per day. This is an improvement over Far Side cartoons.
Post a Comment