Saturday, October 14, 2006

Au Revoir

It is the end of an era at the Tae Kwon Do school. A friend from the adult class is moving to Texas and last night was her last night of classes in our school.

After class, the good-bye party was held at the local nightclub where the Quipper and Running in Circles provided the entertainment. There was a lot of laughing and remembering good times shared together over the past couple of years. And more dancing...And a little tambourine-playing from the guest of honor. One of the neat ways the band interacts with the audience involves inviting those celebrating a birthday or another event up on the stage to play along with a song. Our guest of honor played along with Blondie's One Way Or Another. The after-party was at a local Denny's (Hey, it was late) where the heartiest fivesome enjoyed each other's company for an early breakfast. As it turns out, I have not been missing much at all by not frequenting Denny's (a 24-hour short-order restaurant [a.k.a. "greasy spoon"] with franchises across the USA) at 4:00 a.m. All the most indescribably strange characters were in their element. We avoided incredulous gawking by saying our last goodbyes in the parking lot and hitting the road home.

7 comments:

Presbytera said...

Marie - you said "All the most indescribably strange characters were in their element". My oldest brother was a frequent visitor to Denny's....hmmm....that description fits him to a T!

Glad you got a late night on a Friday night instead of Saturday. It's not easy dragging yourself into church early on Sunday : )

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Yeah, Pres. We know...

"Saturday evening church preparation begins on Wednesday afternoon."

:P

Babette said...

Lutherans living large!

Congrats on the Buckeye win. May I borrow a tissue?

Marie N. said...

Bernadette,

I thought of you during the game. My Engineer loves the color green, we were glad he didn't notice what was going on. At 4 years old he'll still prefer one team over another due to colors!

I told the Quipper, "Its not fun anymore when people get hurt." We were so relieved to see the Spartan wave from the cart. Any updates on his condition?

Rick said...

Marie & Bernadette,

I heard he was taken to the hospital as a precautionary measure, but will be okay. I didn't hear the exact cause of the issue, though.

Regarding the other injury, the QB did suffer whiplash.

Anonymous said...

It looks like a good time was had by all!

Marie N. said...

Hi Anonymous,

Help! I don't understand your comment :-) Perhaps if thou couldst reveal thyself it would lend me some context...