Monday, October 16, 2006

Hymnfest

Hymnfest

Sunday, November 5th
Christ Lutheran Church in Cleveland's
annual hymnfest will feature
Hymns of Hope.

Join us in celebrating and singing the music
that formed our faith in our earliest years
and continues to serve the Church today
in The Lutheran Hymnal.

This festival of Lutheran Hymnody will be held
at Christ Lutheran Church
3271 West 43rd Street
½ mile south of Clark Avenue
on Cleveland's West side.
It will begin at 3:00 and be followed by light snacks.

A free will offering will be taken to help support
Lutheran Heritage Foundation.



The Hymnfests are truly an uplifting experience. Guest organists lend their talents for the occasion and the church's beautiful old organ leads the music. Brass and woodwind accompanimentss fill in the sound. The choir is magnificent, and those who do not wish to sing can enjoy the afternoon as fully as those who do.

5 comments:

Dan @ Necessary Roughness said...

What an awesome idea. We need more of these.

Rick said...

Dan,

If things go as expected, we hope to podcast it, too.

Anonymous said...

Dan, you will be there, right?
:-)

This is the oldest, Lutheran-est hymnfest in Cleveland.

Y'all come!

Genuine Lustre said...

I wondered if you were still having these.

Dan @ Necessary Roughness said...

Scott:

I wish I could go. It sounds like so much fun. Please keep this going several years from now so I can haul the family up from Columbus. :)