In the pre-dawn hours this morning (well, come to think of it, maybe it was just gloomy and rainy outside) my sweetheart packed up to leave for Florida for the next four days. I'm so thankful he will be home for the weekend, and Monday. But then it is off to Florida for another week.
The first trip was a last minute thing and the second week there were not any corporate apartments available, so we could not even think of joining him on either trip.
We are hoping at some time in the future we'll be able to drive to Florida and stay in one of the two bed apartments that the company holds for its business travelers. I don't think it would be too difficult to bring "school" along with us. But I have not tried traveling with school before either. The closest I've come to that has been giving grandma and grandpa a few math sheets and a reading list to be completed in an afternoon.
Have any of you home schoolers brought school on business trips? Any advise to offer?
Tuesday, September 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
I'll be back soon, albeit not soon enough. Can't wait to relax with you and the kids on Saturday. Luv ya.
I'm running on fumes now; better get to be soon. :-)
Loosen up Marie. Let a few days away be a few days away. Take a bunch of library books instead and maybe a journal and sketchbook.
Just my 2 cents worth.
I've got five more days till Hubby comes home. This is the longest he's been away but I'd better get used to it, because there's more travel on the horizon :( He's telling me to get my passport in the hopes that I can come along sometime :) We're hoping to take the whole family when he heads over to where my sister and her family are. Isn't it handy that we can just take school with us?
hey chick
i'd be inclined to do what the apron suggests: and go see fun places in the town that you're visiting... just absorb the experiences, the kiddos will learn so much from the "field trip" :o)
We've tried it and found it to be too difficult. We needed too many books to actually accomplish a normal school day. We ended up trying to visit at least one interesting (historic or museum type) place and taking along a few read alongs.
If it makes you feel better do a short "unit study." This way, in our pre-unschooling days, our beach vacation became an ocean unit study.
Otherwise, just listen to the Apron. :)
Post a Comment