Thursday, September 14, 2006

Sick Day

The Artist is abed with a fever a bit higher than I can let go without medicine. I had hopes that letting her sleep yesterday instead of having school would do the trick, but today she is worse.

The Engineer and I can still get some work done, but his "full day" only takes up about 75 minutes broken into five 15-minute sessions. So I'll get caught up on my reading today and I'll get to do some house cleaning.

The Engineer lives up to his name. Here he is revisiting a favorite of his two-year-old pastimes - watching the piano hammers strike the strings.The cat likes talk radio too -- who knew? Here it is early afternoon and I have a local station on loudly enough that I can hear the conversation in the kitchen some 25 feet away. I've been known to put the radio under my pillow to fall asleep to a late night baseball ball game. But I have not skipped on the pillow altogether as Slinky does here.

3 comments:

Babette said...

Hi Marie! An artist and an engineer? How lovely! I hope your little girl feels better soon.

I saw your comment at Dr. Luther's place yesterday.

We have homeschooling and religion in common, probably more. I love your sense of humor and shall read on down!

Genuine Lustre said...

Would someone please turn up the Glenn Beck show?

Anonymous said...

Get well soon Artist! Keep rested Marie!