I gave up trying to follow the chart for Trellis, and I wrote out line-by-line pattern instructions in a table in Microsoft Word.
That resulted in much easier knitting for me. It was great! After a few hours on the swatch (half on the computer) I learned the recommended needles are a bit too big for my tight knitting. I come out with slightly too few stitches and rows per inch. Now I'm so thankful I made the Word document! Last night the Artist had a friend over. Today they are playing and knitting and talking. I'm sad her friend's family will be moving across the country after the school year.


6 comments:
Your crocuses are farther along than mine are! Maybe being south makes the difference? I was going to take a picture of the few of mine that are up later and post it.
I'm learning something new this week. I did not know that crocuses came in so many different colors. Here they are purple and they are our official provincial flower. They are really pretty. The difference is yours have so much more flowers in the bunches and yours grows much taller then ours. I'll have to take some pictures and post them to show how pretty they are. Now I'm looking forward to finding some to pick for my table. :-)
Hi Kirken,
I have blue, purple and yellow crocuses in my garden. I'm not sure which other colors they come in around here. The tallest of these grow up to about 5 inches tall. Most are closer to three inches tall.
I like to think that they help the snow melt away!
Lovely flowers, knitting, and friends!
I love those photos of your backyard! So pretty!
Swatching is a good thing :)
Looks like you are off to a very good start...that's a cute sweater!
happy knitting :)
Post a Comment