Something is wrong.
My first instinct is to look and see if the Quipper is still abed next to me. He is, sound asleep.
In the next fraction of a second thoughts burst through the cobwebs in my brain. It is light out. I don't think the Quipper has hit the snooze button. What time is it? Why can't I see the numbers on the clock? It is turned a little away from the bed. The air is cold outside the covers.
Seven-Thirty-Five-We're-Late!!!
Nudge the Quipper, "Hon, have you been up yet?" Then, I'm sure the whole series of unsettling realizations cut their path through the sleep in his brain.
He needs me to make a lunch for him and a breakfast to eat in the car on the way to work. I was up so late last night I need toothpicks to prop my eyelids open. I took the easy way out and gave him a mini frozen pizza, an apple and a protein bar. Poor guy. I hope the pot luck before Lenten service tonight will make up for the easy-way-out lunch. Breakfast was his usual bagel and cream cheese, only accompanied by a juice box instead of a glass of juice.
After he left I put the little radio under the couch pillow and stretched myself over the couch to wake up a little. It occurred to me that I prepared the bagel the way I like it more than the way he likes it. He prefers about half the amount of cream cheese I usually enjoy.
I'd love to lounge here on the couch all day, but today the Artist needs to go to her Papa's house. Her Latin class meets there at 10 a.m.


5 comments:
What were you doing up late last night? : P
Oh how I hate getting up. I'm just not a morning person the way Andrew is--I'd lounge till 8 very morning if left to myself.
Potlucks are Lutheran high feasts, correct?
Our church presently has Wednesday soup suppers, which is suspiciously Catholic in my hubby's book, as he likes a good soup before his entrée and doesn't feel a need to give anything up during Lent. ;~)
I hate waking up late, but I generally try to calm down and just go about my business without fretting -- that just makes me forget things, etc.
Breakfast and lunch were perfect! Thanks Marie. :-)
Post a Comment