Yesterday I was so excited about being near the end of the pair of lace socks. I thought I completed one last night. That is, I thought it was done until I tried to put it on and found I'd really like the ribbing to be another inch longer and a little stretchier. Tonight I get to undo the end I so cleverly wove in and unravel a row or two and continue on a little bit longer. With any luck I'll be able to wear them on Saturday.I'm looking forward to beginning two new projects. For a long time I've had in mind this sweater for the Quipper. I may be crazy considering the warnings "not for a beginner" and "cable set up and finishing techniques are challenging." This will be in Knitpick's superwash, jade green color.
And Dances With Wool has inspired me again with the most beautiful, delicate and feminine socks from knitty, the Pomatomus socks. I would not have considered them until I saw them on Lene's blog. The Knitty photo does not do them justice at all. In the solid color Lene chose, they are too pretty to resist. Another sign that I'm going nuts -- the pattern earned the "piquant" label.
When I searched my stash I did not find a white or cream color to use, but I do have a very nice navy blue sock wool blend that I can resurrect. Last April I tried to make a spiral sock with disastrous results. I think the yarn is ready to be useful again and it would make a nice lace. And I still associate knitting this yarn with baseball in my mind, so this April I'll have my work cut out for me.


1 comment:
I've been seeing quite a few Robins around, and it instills me with such anticipation.
Post a Comment