The Artist is slowly making progress on her knitted bunny. When that is done she would like to try her hand at making a hat and skirt for her doll. I may make more doll clothes too. Those patterns will not make me cross-eyed.
Thursday, March 22, 2007
One Step Forward, Two steps Back
I worked late into the night last night to show some visible progress on these Pomatomus socks. I had nearly completed two of three pattern repeats on the leg of the sock when I made yet another unknown error somewhere. One error too many to tolerate. I took two short minutes to rip back a few nights' work. I took the socks all the way back to the cuff and started over.
When I knitted up the legs the second time I included lifelines in hopes to avoid such drastic frogging in the future. Of course, with that safety measure in place I made many fewer mistakes and I seemed to catch the mistakes before too many stitches had gone by. As painstaking as the tinking was, undoing 6, 8 or even 20 stitches is preferable to removing the needles!
I've found an ineffective method of relieving the intense concentration I need to pay these socks! Making a swatch for Trellis. Even more concentration required--and that is just for the gauge swatch.
The Artist is slowly making progress on her knitted bunny. When that is done she would like to try her hand at making a hat and skirt for her doll. I may make more doll clothes too. Those patterns will not make me cross-eyed.
The Artist is slowly making progress on her knitted bunny. When that is done she would like to try her hand at making a hat and skirt for her doll. I may make more doll clothes too. Those patterns will not make me cross-eyed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I really should make use of lifelines in knitting. I might finish projects! The socks are coming along very nicely.
Post a Comment