My baseball heart is broken...
...but hot stove league talk is fascinating to me and February is not too distant in the future. And I have lots to keep me busy between now and then.
Unfortunately, the first spring training game is late, not until Feb. 27th this year.
The first game of spring training has always been a school holiday for Homestead Lutheran Academy and I'll keep that tradition in 2008.
My Engineer asked me the score this morning. "How many points did the Boston get?"
I had to say "Eleven" as compassionately as I could.
Then the next question, "And how many did the Cleveland Indians get?"
Alas, the expression on his sweet face when I could only hold up two fingers.
He hears from us that you are not allowed to cry when you lose (or are losing) a game. He looked truly hurt, but I am proud of him for his delayed response.
Dear readers, laugh with me, he said "At least we still have football."
Monday, October 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
That's funny because I said the same thing to to my hubby last night. When he finally came to bed, I said "at least there's still football honey." He gave me a look like yeah right.
Danylle
MarieN!
Sorry for your loss. Just couldn't get enough points. The farther you get, the more it hurts when you lose. We were rooting for you.
At least you still have football, indeed.
Post a Comment