Reading Books
I love reading books.
They capture my attention.
Some even spark up
My imagination.
Story books, picture books,
Joke books galore!
History books, coloring books,
And so much more.
I think she did pretty well.
The kids will enjoy their art classes tomorrow too. In history we are nearly finished with our study of ancient Egypt and about to begin our study of ancient Greece. Both cultures used frescoes to decorate buildings. While we will not be decorating a building, we will be making mini frescoes.
It all starts with this. Then I pour the plaster into two 6" x 9" disposable baking tins. And I'm glad I have the benefit of cleaning up with running water.
Next cut a few inches of wire and knob the ends so the wire stays embedded in the plaster. Now they need to sit for a couple of days to dry.
The plaster tablets will easily come out of the tins when the plaster is dry. A little wet sanding will get rid of the impressions from the bottoms of the pans. Then the kids will get to paint them with their watercolors.
The thirsty plaster absorbs a lot of water, so the paint needs to be thick or applied in layers to get a lasting color. Once the paint is dry the frescoes are ready for hanging. Four years ago, when the Artist was in first grade, we made some frescoes. I still have one hanging on the wall.
I love reading books.
They capture my attention.
Some even spark up
My imagination.
Story books, picture books,
Joke books galore!
History books, coloring books,
And so much more.
I think she did pretty well.
The kids will enjoy their art classes tomorrow too. In history we are nearly finished with our study of ancient Egypt and about to begin our study of ancient Greece. Both cultures used frescoes to decorate buildings. While we will not be decorating a building, we will be making mini frescoes.
The thirsty plaster absorbs a lot of water, so the paint needs to be thick or applied in layers to get a lasting color. Once the paint is dry the frescoes are ready for hanging. Four years ago, when the Artist was in first grade, we made some frescoes. I still have one hanging on the wall.


1 comment:
Great job on the poem. Poetry is on my list to get to this year -- we'll see.
Post a Comment