Friday, October 26, 2007

Summer Sweater

Moving right along, the summer sweater has alternated between giving me fits and whipping along easy as can be. When I keep careful track of which row I'm on, all is right in the knitting world. Otherwise, a lot of tinking is going on with the needles and the knitting is left to my eyebrows.

A lifeline after every twelfth row repeat has helped somewhat. Thankfully, I've never had to rip back more than a few rows on this one. I'm hoping that a steaming will remove all the horizontal lines from where the lifelines have been removed. They don't really show up on the photo, but I can see them! I have not worked a garment in reverse stockinette before. I'm still not used to it.
Here you can see the back panel is complete and the front just begun. This pattern makes me feel like I get great results with minimum difficulty. I expected it to be more complicated. That makes me even more happy with it.

Fresco update -- last week the plaster tablets did not dry thoroughly before class time, so we skipped art last week. Hopefully I'll have some paintings to show on Monday. I expect the Engineer's will end up being a big green blob like most of his paintings., but maybe he'll surprise me.

1 comment:

hakucho said...

I have never used a lifeline but sure have wished I did on many occasions. Weren't you smart to plan on one this time? Your sweater looks great. Very nice work...but then again all your sweaters are wonderful. I wouldn't expect anything less :)

happy knitting :)