Wednesday, October 03, 2007
Pan Handle Cover
A while back I made a cast iron pan handle cover for a friend. Since then, I have been asked for a few more. One was accidentally roasted in the oven (burning wool smell doesn't mix well with roasting dinner smell). And my friend wants to give some to other members of her family.
Since the last time I photographed one of these holders I have become more adept at the two-handed knitting. Because of the insulation desired on this particular tool, I have also decided to continue making these both double stranded and with the twined knitting technique. It felts into such a dense fabric, like a super thick and heavy wool blanket.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
One day, I really must make a few. It would be a great way for me to test new techniques.
Everytime I see these handle covers of yours I think...yes...must make one....adding to my list!
Post a Comment