Friday, October 05, 2007

Two Projects

I have two projects underway at the moment. With the cold weather coming on and my favorite every-day cardigan showing signs of wear I've begun a simple shrug. The first sleeve is nearly complete at this point.
There were scores of patterns to choose from at Knitting Pattern Central. I knew I wanted something with a longer sleeve and a longer back for utility, not a cute or a swanky accessory. I settled on the Chocolate Shrug because I thought I had enough wool-ease on hand to complete it. But my search through the patterns has left me
Something else to yarn-shop for! I'll have to look in my closet and find what would be the best color to consider.

The other is the summer top I started about a week and a half ago. I am enjoying the sleek feel of the Berroco glace yarn. I do find it very difficult to work with the skeins. The yarn is slippery enough to become tangled easily no matter how careful I am, but then I have only had the practice of working with three skeins so far. Untangling a skein and winding it into a ball takes enough time to make me not want to use this yarn again.
I have not made a reverse stockinette garment before, it is interesting to see how it will turn out. The section I've knitted so far is not long enough for me to get a good idea of the drape yet, and being so tightly packed onto a straight needle the results are skewed. In the past I have not worn many things with this much texture. The photo has such a classic-natural feel that I could not pass it up.

Rick has had another horrific work week so we're headed out dancing this evening. We'll visit, Spectators Sports Grille, the club his band is playing next week, to see the band Disco Inferno. Hopefully we'll get to enjoy a little Tribe while we're there. Should be fun!

4 comments:

Marie N. said...

I forgot to mention -- steaming will help the drape of the Berroco glace garment considerably. It made a huge difference in my swatch.

Lotzastitches said...

Ooooo! I like the Aran Cabled Shrug! Although I'd want to do it in smaller weight yarn on smaller needles...and that'd probably be more math than what I can handle.

Gina said...

Have a delightful time out tonight with your sweetie. I love the shrug!

Genuine Lustre said...

Is cold weather coming? I'm skeptical.

Have a fabulous time tonight!