Monday, November 05, 2007

In Queue

Sweaters for the Artist and for the Engineer are next in my knitting queue. I've had fun scouring the internet in search of some yarn.

Of course, the Engineer wants his to be green. If he had his way, every article of clothing he ever wore would be green. So I mandated that at least one other color be mixed with the precoius green. His sweater will be knitted with a four ply wool, half green and red and white flecks included. I was hoping to show you a photo, but it has not arrived yet. It will lend itself to a Christmas-y look. But I'm hoping a rather plain, every-day pattern will make it suitable for all cool seasons. I have not decided on a pattern yet.

A few days later I ordered this yarn for the Artist. She and I are in love with the colors. I twill look so nice with her skin tone, hair color and her eyes. The search is on for a pattern for this sweater too. I'd like it to be something she could wear every day or something she could dress up by wearing it with a skirt.
I'll need to search for the right needles too. This super soft yarn does not have a lot of twist, so I think I'll be knitting a little more tightly with it to protect the finished fabric.

3 comments:

Gina said...

That yarn is so lovely. What great colors! I can't wait to see how it knits up.

Designated Knitter said...

What lovely colors! I would never be able to resist that yarn!

hakucho said...

I love the yarn you pick out for your little artist. Very pretty. You knit such beautiful sweaters...this one will be gorgeous :)

Enjoy :)