Thursday, November 15, 2007

Sleeveless Ribbon Shell

Come spring time or warm weather, whichever is first, I'll open my dresser and experience that little excitement of a brand new garment to wear. Finally the Deborah Newton sleeveless ribbon shell is complete. Thank you, dear Artist, for interrupting your school work to be my photographer.

I had a worried moment at the end. While biding off the last sleeve edging the end of the yarn came dancing into my field of vision. It would be a pain in the neck to join a new yarn just to complete a bind off. But this was more serious, I had no more yarn to join. Now I was so very thankful that I had made the neck and sleeve edgings narrower than the instructions prescribed.

I am so pleased with the way this garment turned out. The ribbon yarn was a new experience. It is beautiful, but I am not sold on its long term merits.

Next I have a smaller project lined up...a Hug for Snickers scarf. The pattern I bought for the Engineer's sweater has not arrived in the mail yet. Maybe I'll receive it by the time the scarf is complete.

3 comments:

Gina said...

You look wonderful in the shell. It's so lovely! Great work. I hope you enjoy the scarf pattern. Thanks for mentioning it.

Scribbit said...

Love that neutral color--browns are so pretty, especially this time of year.

hakucho said...

Your shell is beautiful. You did such a wonderful job in it and it fits you perfectly. I always have trouble with sweaters.

Your scarf is so cute...very unusual pattern. Good luck with it.

happy knitting and happy Thanksgiving :)