Friday, November 02, 2007

November, After All

We have had a glorious autumn with warm dry weather. Today I looked out the window to see this, and my first thought was, "Wow! It is really foggy today." I peered around the sheers and reality quickly checked in--it was a hard frost. Well, we certainly are due for it, it is November, after all.

My part of the veggie garden is cleared out, but the Artist still has some clean up work to do. maybe she will have a chance (and maybe I'll remember to send her out to do it) today. I heard the weather gal on the radio mention snow for next week.

Today ends our first quarter of school and I'll be making out report cards. Rick is home from work, but hopefully he will keep his distance and not catch the bug the Engineer and I have. It is very uncomfortable to talk, so the little guy has not had a lot of school this week.

I'm behind my usual pace for Christmas shopping, and more than half my list is completed, and nothing is wrapped yet. I'd best get moving if I'm to have that all taken care of by Thanksgiving.

5 comments:

Genuine Lustre said...

I feel like such an underachiever.

: )

Marie N. said...

Please don't! My garden is less than 10% the size of yours. And I learned I need to shop early or nobody will get a gift. It is a coping mechanism to hide a shortcoming.

hakucho said...

Lucky you being half way done with your Christmas shopping...I haven't even started to even think about it yet. I know I need to do some knitting too, but I have the feeling there might be
a lot of IOU's in that department this year. The time is going much too swiftly...I better get going....

Gina said...

Nothing is wrapped? Oh boy, I've 60,000 yards behind the 8 ball compared to you. I haven't even started thinking about what to buy anyone. I want to crawl into a corner and hide. I hope the Engineer feels better soon.

Scott said...

Frost, eh...

Iz hot here....

:-)