Morning Routine
My bed is warm,
The air is cool.
But I must get up,
For I have school.
I fix my bed
So it looks neat,
No bumps, humps or lumps
In any sheet.
Next I have to
Comb my hair,
Get all the tangles
Out of there.
I put my brush
On top of my head,
Then I comb down, down, down
Start over again.
Up, down, up, down,
Up, up, down,
'Til my hair is not
Twisted around.
I wash my face
'Til it's squeaky clean.
Then I am ready
to primp and preen.
My clothes are on
The chair over there
I take off PJs
Put my outfit on.
Next it is time
To exercise.
What is it today?
Weights or stairs?
It is not weights.
It's stairs today.
They are easier,
But they take more time.
I walk one up,
Then one down.
A second time up,
And down again.
I do it o'er
And over again
Until I reach
The number ten.
Now to my chair
And eat breakfast.
Now I must do school,
Which is sometimes a pest.
The air is cool.
But I must get up,
For I have school.
I fix my bed
So it looks neat,
No bumps, humps or lumps
In any sheet.
Next I have to
Comb my hair,
Get all the tangles
Out of there.
I put my brush
On top of my head,
Then I comb down, down, down
Start over again.
Up, down, up, down,
Up, up, down,
'Til my hair is not
Twisted around.
I wash my face
'Til it's squeaky clean.
Then I am ready
to primp and preen.
My clothes are on
The chair over there
I take off PJs
Put my outfit on.
Next it is time
To exercise.
What is it today?
Weights or stairs?
It is not weights.
It's stairs today.
They are easier,
But they take more time.
I walk one up,
Then one down.
A second time up,
And down again.
I do it o'er
And over again
Until I reach
The number ten.
Now to my chair
And eat breakfast.
Now I must do school,
Which is sometimes a pest.


1 comment:
This is really really good--I like the look of the text and the sound of the rhythm. She's got some talent, poetry is something I've never been good at I'm afraid.
Post a Comment