Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving!

The Artist and the Engineer will join the children's choir is singing Come, Ye Thankful People, Come for our church service tomorrow. They have been preparing for a few weeks.

I'm beginning some small preparations for our feast hosted by my in-laws tomorrow as well. I have the sourdough starter out of the refrigerator to proof (get all bubbly). It is smelling nice and beer-like and looking ready for the next step.And I have the heavy cream draining into a jar to be made into butter. Mmmmm...so sweet and good with the fresh bread.
The bread is made with a mix of white and whole wheat flour. This way I can add in a little more nutrition and still keep the bread fairly soft. This will be the first time I'm serving my home made sourdough bread outside my immediate family. I hope it goes well!

Come, ye thankful people, come;
Raise the song of Harvest home.
All be safely gathered in
Ere the winter storms begin;
God, our Maker, doth provide
For our wants to be supplied.
Come to God;s own temple, come;
Raise the song of Harvest home.



I nearly forgot...23 cups of pumpkin puree.
That's a lot of soup waiting to be made.


1 comment:

hakucho said...

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Your sourdough bread sounds delicious. I love homemade bread.

Wow, that's a lot of pumpkin puree. I bet you have lots of great recipes with that much pumpkin ready to be used :)