Thankfully, the rest did get rid of the pain, although the swelling is still there sometimes. I think it will be with me for a while. New walking shoes have made a difference too. How much of a difference I have yet to learn because, per doctor's advice, I am not walking at the steep incline I like to use.
Jeopardy with me while I walk.
August went along as expected, 20.05 miles.
September. Well, in September I logged the fewest miles since the new year, only 12.25. Since then, I've been making up missed miles little by little. Sometimes it is only a tenth or a twentieth of a mile extra I'll walk. Other times I'll have the time, ankle stamina, and energy to walk an extra quarter or three tenths. Eventually it all came together.
October brought me some very slight increases in incline. I'm still not able to walk at "full tilt" for a reasonable length of time. But I did begin making up some missed miles from the prior month. In October I put 19.75 miles on the mill.
November is not over yet, but I'm determined to keep up the pre-injury pace. So far I have 14.20 miles with eight days to go.


No comments:
Post a Comment