The pattern still charms me, but we have had our moments. Before I started knitting it I did some web research to see what other blogs had to say about it. From this I learned there was an error in the pattern for the front panel. But errata were nowhere to be found. It was encouraging to read that other knitters found the error easy to correct. But when I got to that point, like a dufas, I completely forgot about writing down the corrections so I could post them for future Audrey knitters everywhere. That is an opportunity missed and gone. After re-working the top eight inches of each panel twice I'm not about to rip and re-knit again without dire need.
I have knit all the pieces and attached and shoulders. The next step in the pattern is to pick up stitches for the button and collar band. But I don't like the way the piece is so floppy right now and I don't want to stress the shoulder seams, so I attached the sleeves instead. Next I'll sew up the side and sleeve seams. That will leave the button and collar band for last. It should also give me some time to go haunt some stores in search of the right buttons for this project.
Audrey doesn't look like much yet. The lifelines are still in place from where I had to re-knit, the cast on tails for seaming are still dangling where seams will be sewn and the shape is largely absent because the seams are not together. Balls of yarn are still attached just in case...
Much smaller on the challenge scale, I made bread yesterday for breakfast this morning. And Look what I found in the refrigerator:


3 comments:
One good thing about fresh homemade bread is that it tastes good even without butter. One restaurant we go serves olive oil with their fresh rolls...that's good and there is always jelly or jam :)
Good luck with your Audrey sweater...it does seem to be challenging. You my dear are up to the challenge and I'm sure it will turn out perfect :)
Save picture as...
Oh that sliver of butter is too funny. I frequently encounter such things at home, and it baffles me. How much effort is required to unwrap a fresh stick of butter?
Post a Comment