I do enjoy being able to vote from home with the internet at my disposal. Especially when it comes to all those judges on the ballot. I'm so unfamiliar with most of them there is nothing to go on, not even something as unreliable as name recognition.I noticed the ballot instructions showed how to vote for a write in candidate, but the ballot did not contain any portions corresponding to the example in the instructions. When I called to inquire why I was told there were no write in candidates declared for this election. So, Quipper, and any others who may be wondering, that is why! Rats, I forgot to ask about the None of The Above option.
I'm feeling annoyed with the local school district. I know they told all the voters in 2006 they would not ask for another levy for some number of years (I can't recall if they said three or five) if voters would grant one in 2006. I was very disappointed to see two school tax levies on my ballot. Since there was no campaigning for these levies I imagine they were put on the ballot to fail on purpose. That way when they try again in May, or August, or November they can claim crisis and blame the voters for not passing a levy for X number of years.


1 comment:
Hmmm...no write in candidates declared. Now there's an interesting concept. Almost as good as "identifying all unknown errors" in a computer program.
I didn't know the list of write-in candidates had to be pre-qualified. Guess I have some more research to do.
Post a Comment