Whichever way, it is here and developing at a rapid rate. During football season he would ask interesting questions about the games or the teams and work up such an excitement I thought he was more entertaining than the television.
During the baseball season he didn't seem particularly interested, but still today when asked which of the games he'd like to play he answers "baseball!"
Now that it is basketball season he is very tuned in to the Cavaliers. He plays, calls, and referees several games a day in the living room. You should hear sportscaster Joe Tate's words coming from this tiny little voice!
Rick has begun using this interest to further the Engineer's education. Keep in mind this is a boy who asks to do math lessons when he is bored, "Mommy, can I please play math?" Rick and the Engineer browse through the standings together on line. And the Engineer has taken to doing the math in his head to find out how many more wins than losses, or vice versa any given team has. Now they spend a few minutes in the evening practicing addition and subtraction in their heads.
Rick had a great idea to help teach and reinforce another favorite subject of the Engineer's, geography. Over the 2008 sports seasons, Rick and the Engineer will work with the boy's new Sports Folder.
I loved this idea the minute Rick told me about it, and the Engineer was very excited when we presented his new Sports Folder to him.


1 comment:
That certainly is a fun way to learn Geography :)
Marie, I finally wore my socks today and they felt fine. Can't even tell it's a 3 needle bindoff in my shoes. While they are not knee socks they stay up fine and are very comfortable. I'm happy :)
Post a Comment