Friday, February 15, 2008

A Gift

My Valentine recently honored me with a gift a long time in the making. Rick made a very special CD for me. It is so special because it contains some of his original compositions. There is even one he composed for me. All the pieces were composed on and are played on our piano.

There are three cuts in all: Stormy Weather an instrumental piece; Every Time, a melodic ballad he wrote for me in 2002; and Deep Freeze, a hard blues piece with a wonderful bass line.

I love to hear piano music in the house, and this way I can hear it even when I am home alone.

This is a gift I’ll treasure forever and always. Thank you, Dear!


4 comments:

Kirken said...

That is such a wonderful gift to be treasured forever.

Genuine Lustre said...

How thoughtful - what a sweetie.

Gina said...

That is beyond romantic!

Cheryl said...

What an awesome gift! (My husbby has written a song for me, too, but has not recorded it--now I have another gift idea for him!)