The first
footie is finished. I've come to think of this as my tutorial pair of footies because the method of creating the heel is different from the heel flap methods I have used previously. On the photo that came with the pattern it looks very nice. On my sample, it needs a little tinkering. Even with picking up two extra stitches I was left with a sizable hole on one side of my foot. On the other side I did a little better. Instead of a large hole there are two smaller ones.

I'm not motivated to rip back and repair these, however. They are 100% wool and low enough on my ankle that they do not itch my skin. They probably will not fit inside my shoes. They are not for showing off, they are strictly for function, to wear inside my slippers or to wear to bed.
All in all, not a stellar project performance here. I do hope I improve on the second footie. So far, I'm only half way through the ribbing on that one, but it does move quickly.
I received
Mason Dixon knitting from the library a few days ago and I had a chance to crack it open yesterday. I'm getting some ideas for replacing my kitchen curtains. Nothing definite yet though.
2 comments:
It can helped to knit that first round of stitches (after picking up) through the back of the loop. I've also picked up extra stitches and then K2TOGTB as well. Knitting 2 together (from the join of the pick ups and the instep stitches can lessen that hole. Also, blocking will help as well.
Sometimes you have to play with a pattern a little bit till it feels right. Good idea practicing first...the next pair will be perfect...I'm sure of it :)
Post a Comment