The kitchen work we were so long anticipating is completed! We are very pleased with the new look and happy to have the efforts over and done. Last week I showed a photo featuring the
new floor. This floor is a joy to take care of. So much nicer than the linoleum slats cut, colored and textured to look like wood. They may have been nice decades ago, but with age the slats warped and curled and cracked and every time I mopped a new piece would come loose. It was pretty bad. The new floor looks clean after I clean it. I like that in a floor.

The floor was rather easy to do and it was completed first. The counter tops, dishwasher and sink were completed another day. That was a long frustrating day for the contractor and his assistant. But it was eventually completed, with two runs to the store for supplies. Such is life with houses approaching 80 years old.
A new shoe cubbie helps to organize the area under the low shelf. It was always such a mess before.

And along the same line as the floor, I finally have a sink the looks clean when I clean it. I'm liking having the two basins already. But then, I knew I would.

The things we have done opened up some new things to do, as is usual with home improvements. The water filter is out of commission. I cannot believe how much I miss that. We have had the filter for years and years, and I had forgotten what tap water tasted like. I'm hoping to find a way to mount the filter under the counter and have an auxiliary faucet on the sink, but the filter is old and I don't know if the hardware parts are still available.
The last thing that jumps out at me now--the kitchen curtains.

These curtains are the prefect shape for the kitchen window. It is just that the variegated edging on the ruffles and the brown, yellow and orange pompoms no longer coordinate with the rest of the room.

Does anyone have any experience with making knitted curtains? I'm wondering if I can find a nice lace pattern and adapt it for this area, keeping the same basic shape as the current curtains.
6 comments:
Congratulations!
Looks very nice!
Looks good! Enjoy!
It looks great!
oooooooooo pretty I like it.
Danylle
Beautiful! You must be so happy :)
I have lace curtains over my sink that are the same shape -swag. I've had them for a very long time and LOVE them. I haven't knit curtains, but I'm sure you could. My grand- mother used to crochet them back ions ago!
Enjoy your new kitchen!
It looks fantastic! Enjoy!!
Post a Comment