The kitchen floor is in! And some of the stairs and finished.
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
Half Way There
I have some progress to show on the kitchen and on the sweater I'm making.
The kitchen floor is in! And some of the stairs and finished.
The counter tops will be ready Thursday or Friday. (Good-by Orange!) The sink and new kitchen faucet are here. Our contractor gave us the name of a scratch and dent dealer who sells new appliances with factory warranties so we can shop for a replacement for my dear friend the dishwasher. My old friend leaks on the floor and her top shelf will fall down if I am not most careful with it. I hope I am very impressed with the promised savings compared to the list prices.
Sunday's knitting was rather frustrating. I kept making errors in the pattern. I had some trouble with the first six inches of the meandering cable pattern making it necessary to knit the first six inches of the pattern three times before I got it right. After that things took off. Tonight I expect to be finishing the pack piece and casting on for the next piece.
As I watched this piece take shape I'm getting the idea that it might not fit. Isn't that a nice feeling? I have never made a cardigan larger than toddler-size before and I'm having trouble seeing in my mind how this will fit me when it is done. Also, it is supposed to be a fitted garment -- something else I have not much experience with. I'm allowing the doubt to continue in my mind, so that should it not fit me well, I can rip it and begin again making the next size up.
The kitchen floor is in! And some of the stairs and finished.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Do you have a favorite sweater that is fitted to use as a measure against what you are knitting?
I like the floor! It's always exciting to be able to fix up a room the way you want. I look forward to seeing the countertop. And good luck hunting for a new dishwasher.
Check my blog out...you just received an award!!
i love your new flooring. new flooring, etc. gives everything a fresh look that is sometimes needed. it is a style that will last a long time.
Post a Comment