Wednesday, January 02, 2008

More Walking & Some Drinking

Last year I was successful in adding walking on the treadmill to my routine. In November I added 20.10 miles to my log, and in December, 18.95 miles. It did result in lowering, albeit slightly, my LDL and increasing my HDL cholesterol levels. So this year I'll keep the new routine and make a go of adding more drinking to my daily life.

We have, for the most part, changed our mealtime habits so that we have water with our meals instead of juice, milk, or other beverages. Now I'd like to add more glasses of water to my day outside of meal time.Rick and I were able to start the new year off with some less welcome exercise -- we cleared the drive way of snow when the storm was only about half over, so there are now another four inches of the stuff in the driveway.

But I think the kids will enjoy their last day of Christmas vacation. When Rick cleared the back of the driveway he built up a snow mountain for them to play with.

5 comments:

hakucho said...

Good for you staying with your walking routine. Good luck with drinking more water...I need to do that too :)

Scribbit said...

Good job--water is always hard to get in more of I think. I forget about it until I'm thirsty :)

Gina said...

I'm right there with you on the water! I have my bottle on my desk. I don't know how many miles I did this morning, but I walked for 30 mins on the indoor track at work. It feels like a nice start. Let's keep our motivation up!

skatey katie said...

woah, way to go girl!!!
and happy new year!!
i have done really well with the eating (or NOT eating) and am getting my exercise on track, just gotta maintain the momentum...
X

Jeana said...

Marie, I'm so glad you left that sweet comment on my blog, which led me here. I've just taken up crocheting and my daughter has taken up knitting, so I'm excited about reading your knitting posts. thanks!