Last night I also cast on for the hem on the first piece of the cardigan. But then I had to stop. The only US 10.5 needles I have are only about nine inches long. Not nearly long enough to hold the number of stitches I need. So I might be on hold here, right from the beginning. I'll need to see who has US 10.5 long needles in stock. If I have trouble finding them, I'll probably order some and cast on for one of the front panels first. The front panels might be narrow enough to squeeze onto the smaller length needles.
While I was doing this knitting last night I was getting nostalgic for the Sunday Evenings of my childhood. It all started when the Artist's library request for Little House on the Prairie, season one, came available.
When I was little this was a Sunday night family ritual. Mom would sit on a high chair behind her ironing board and press clothes while we watched. The rest of us would enjoy the show. Mom and Dad took the occasion of the commercials to discuss with us anything they thought was warranted.
I must say I cannot abide ironing and much prefer knitting while watching the shows. (I guess all the Thomas Hardy I've been reading lately is seeping out my fingertips. I don't recall ever hearing myself say the words "I cannot abide" about anything before.)


1 comment:
Knitting is a must, definitely, while watching TV. My mom used to iron while watching her soaps. I don't iron...only if I am forced to do so: I prefer using Downey's wrinkle releaser...that's more my speed. I used to love "Little House" too.
Have a wonderful weekend and good luck with your sweater :)
Post a Comment