Once again, I'm hoping today will finally be the day. It helps that the contractor stopped by Saturday to tell me they would be here Monday, but I'm still not completely trusting they will show up.
When they finally do arrive we will not be able to use the kitchen for a while. But since I've had most of the kitchen contents sitting on tables and shelves in the living room for the past 19 days we are almost used to it.
I'm hoping the time that the stove and refrigerator need to squeeze into the dining room and the time we need to use the front door instead of the back door is short.


5 comments:
Marie - you certainly have my sympathy. Our house is torn up too. And we are currently experiencing an --? how shall I say this, intestinal distress disorder --- in our house. Of course the only working toilet is 4 feet from my bed and my pillow, with no door. I didn't sleep a wink last night. Nuff said.
Our bathroom materials are supposed to come in on Thursday - we'll see.
I hope you get your projects underway soon. Goodbye, Orange Kitchen!
Hope your flooring got put in today!!
A kitchen redo is very stressful, but once it's done you'll be so happy. It will be worth the aggravation...I promise :)
Good luck!!
Hooray! They got it started! the new floor is in place in the kitchen. Tomorrow it will go down the steps to the back door, into a coat closet, then continue down the steps to the basement.
I need to buy a dishwasher by the end of the week, and my counter is expected to come in by Thursday.
Oh Polly, I'd camp out in the basement if you can. I hope you all feel better soon.
Thanks Hakucho -- we are pleased with the progress so far!
oops, that's me above folks, masquerading as my husband!
Marie N.
I hope all goes well. Home improvements can be a headache. I hope that it's smooth as can be.
Post a Comment