For the last few weeks I've suffered/enjoyed an unusual food craving, vinegar. What could possibly be the explanation?
To satisfy the craving I'll pigged out of junk food, salt and vinegar flavored potato chips. When that was not enough I started making heavy-on-the vinegar dressing for sliced cucumbers and things like that.
Finally, I think I kicked the habit. I made a batch of good old German potato salad. My recipe called for, can you believe it?, one half cup of vinegar to go with one pound of potatoes. I was making a triple recipe. Even with the craving I could not bring myself to pour a cup and one half of vinegar into the salad.
I added about a cup of vinegar and mixed it all up. Then I enjoyed the salad for several meals over the next few days. Since then I have not had the hankering.
That's probably a good thing!
Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Vinegar and pickles are huge in the macrobiotic diet, and they are definitely regarded as balancing. So, maybe you needed to be more "astringent" to balance an overabundance of sweet or something?
OH, no! Now **I'm** craving German Potato Salad!
ARGHGHGH!
:)
Post a Comment