It is exactly what I wanted. I'm looking forward to using this yarn for several reasons. First, it is a bulky weight yarn. I have never worked with any yarns heavier than worsted weight before. I have passed up some attractive sweater patterns that I can now re-visit when I select a pattern.
Second, the yarn is a 70% wool 30 % alpaca blend. Whatever garment I make, it will be warm!!!
Finally, I surprised myself at being more excited to receive yarn than a completed garment in this case. I will thoroughly enjoy the process of creating the garment. And when it is completed, it will represent victory over all the design complications I've conquered thus far in my knitting career.
My brother also gave me a treasured gift. Lots of dreaming and scheming will go into using my gift card to Soft n Sassy, the closest LYS to my house. The prospects are endless as I do not have a project in mind. I will take my time exploring the store and come home with the yarn that inspires me most. I feel even luckier than the kid in the candy store.
Santa got into the knit gift act too. He put a U-shaped cable needle in my stocking. It is so much easier to use than that large uncoiled paper clip I happily tossed in the trash.


4 comments:
What a husband you have. : )
Zane, who is as romantic as his father, says he's going to give his wife cooking utensils for Christmas. " Here honey. Here's a cookbook and a frying pan to go with it."
I pity his future wife, for multiple reasons -LOL.
Wow, you have a very thoughtful husband and brother!! I doubt very much if my husband would ever surprise me with yarn...one can hope maybe someday :)
lots of happy knitting in 2008 :)
I'm so glad Santa brought you a proper cable needle! I think the U hooks are easier than the straight ones. I think Rick did an amazing job with the yarn. So clever to check your wish lists! I can't wait to see your pattern selection.
Post a Comment