The craft begins with checking to be sure all the pieces are there. Then his Dad helped the Engineer see if any pieces needed to be sanded. I really don't remember if they had to do any spot sanding this time or not.
The longest part of the craft is probably the most fun for the Engineer, painting the pieces. Some are easier to hold and paint than others. Once the first surfaces were dry, the pieces could be handled so the remaining surfaces could be painted. And I must say he did a great job and got relatively little paint on his fingers!
Once the paint is dry assembly can begin. Then we let the glue dry a good long time before we handle the chopper. Finally, I was able to attach some string and a wire to suspend it from some overhead cupboards built into the Engineer's room.


1 comment:
Very cool chopper...nice work :)
Post a Comment