I had one of these models when I was little. I remember putting it together with my mom, but I do not remember having to paint the pieces. Maybe Mom did it, or maybe the pieces came already painted. In any case, I was fascinated by it.Mom must have thought it was a good learning tool too. When I saw that she had purchased a Visible Woman model kit to be a birthday or Christmas gift for the Artist, I knew we would use it for science class. This past Christmas, that was the gift from her grandma that I selected to wrap and put under the tree for the Artist.
The booklet that accompanies the model is loaded with great information. It goes over each body system in great detail. It might be rather dry by itself, but because it refers to the model and the Artist has a connection with that physical object before her, it instead becomes fascinating to her.


5 comments:
How special that your mom had planned out all those gifts for the artist. I never knew your mom but from what i have heard about her she sounds like an amazing woman.
What a great project!!
It probably takes away from the whole point of the thing, though once assembled, you could knit clothes for it :-)
if you need any other anatomy info i have my text book for school still here and i could send it to you if you would like.
I love Yarnthrower's idea -- surely you could find a way to work a bit of knitting into the schooling?
We have one of those too! I still have the old edition of my A&P book...
Post a Comment