Monday, May 12, 2008

Cuppa Love

One of the things I love about the way my husband loves me is the delightful, aromatic, delicious, hot-but-not-too-hot-to-drink cup of coffee he brings to my bedside every Sunday morning. Kind of like a little gift to make up for having to wake me for the day. But only kind of. It is more like, he knows how much I enjoy my morning coffee. And my appreciation for that cup of coffee has grown as the advisability that I drink it has sharply decreased.

This is my cup of coffee for the week in most cases nowadays. Sometimes I'll fix myself another cup at church or if we happen to be out to eat, but I rarely do more than hold the hot cup in my cold hands or sip on those.

2 comments:

Gina said...

I've tried cutting back and switching to decaf... Oh how sad that you can only have one cup per week. But how lovely to have it delivered to your bedside. That is sweet!

hakucho said...

Your husband is a sweetie and such a nice ritual :)