Monday, May 26, 2008

The Need to UnClutter

When I returned home from New Orleans I had the opportunity to go through our clutter of travel toiletries. I finally had the will to throw out lipsticks I have not worn in ten years and combine a bunch of half used mini shampoos. I consolidated and straightened and organized. Now I've whetted my appetite and I'm hungry for more.

The house has too small a linen closet so I'd like to add a shelf to the upstairs bathroom to help with some of the closet
clutter.


My office (read that as a room in the basement that I use as a storage place for everything I don't want to deal
with now) is a grand mess of knitting, home school, gardening, art supplies, hand me downs to go to others, and outgrown clothes to keep.


Rick and I have had a cluttered attic on our radar since Christmas. It needs attention.


So does this blog.
Homestead Lutheran Academy has turned into a crazy conglomeration of knitting, homemaking, cooking, and miscellaneous writings ill-fitting under the name of a home school. You may have been scratching your head and wondering about that. Me too.

Around nine and a half months each year school is a big part of my time and energy. And there are thousands of things that can be related to home schooling in daily life. So I don't think I'll be running short of inspiration while keeping this space for school, education and child related writing. It is unlikely that I'll have paid posts on this site.

Now that summer vacation is coming I look forward to writing more often and about other things, especially knitting.
The state of the home, family events, the garden, stuff I'm interested in, and things that tickle my funny bone will be posted at

Insert imaginary fanfare here--


Since I traded in my boss for a younger model (became a mom) I've not been paid to write, so I look forward to
sticking my toe in the water again to see if it is worth a dive or if I've forgotten how to swim! You're all invited over -- come and visit!

1 comment:

hakucho said...

Love the name of your new blog...will come over to say Hi :)