Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Some Assembly Required

The Artist's biology project in coming along nicely. It is time consuming to wait for one color paint to dry before handling a piece to apply the next color. The Artist says the model is fun to work with because it is fun to paint. She also likes that putting the skeleton together is like completing a puzzle. Just wait till she gets to put the organs in! She said so far she has mostly learned the names of different bones. There were some she knew before the project. I'm glad she can see her own learning.

We made one error on the project. The Artist asked my opinion on some confusing directions, and I see now that I misdirected her. I had her paint one of the clear plastic parts that should not have been painted. Now that the part is good and dry I'm going to try using a little nail polish remover to clean it. I'm not confident that will work on the acrylic paint though. I'm afraid I'll end up giving my fingernails a workout scraping the paint off the plastic fragment by fragment.

No comments: