Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Catching Up A Bit

Due to the many ways I found to inflict minor injuries on myself in April I only managed to get 13.05 miles logged on the treadmill. I'm thankful I'm feeling better and I'm thankful Rick suggested we go buy ourselves new shoes. Every little bit helps!

I plan to get my regular walk schedule back in gear for May. I'll need to keep it up as I'll be missing several days when we are out of town.

Just for you, Polly, I've graduated to 11 push ups. It is most disconcerting to do them when your hand is on a squeaky spot on the floor! Well, 20 still seems very far away. But if I can keep up with adding (a measly) one every couple of weeks I'll get there eventually.

A little while ago I mentioned that I was going to read Rhett Butler's People. (Is it cheating that I never have read Gone With the Wind? I saw the movie long before I knew of the book.)I thoroughly enjoyed the book. It was vivid and gripping. In parts it was genteel, and base in others, the whole mix making a well-rounded view of life in the South immediately before, during, and immediately after the Civil War. I found myself wondering when a movie might be made of this story! I liked it enough to request Gone With the Wind from my library. It is waiting there for me to pick it up now.

By the way, I'm so glad I read March first. Rhett Butler's People contains no tearing down models of good character, creating dirty laundry for the sake of exposure.

Finally, I made five kitchen hanging towels and ten dish cloths for various households in my family. Then I wrapped them up and shipped them off to my cousin's house where I'll be staying in a few weeks. The whole time I was knitting I had planned to get some photos when I was done. Of course, in the end, I forgot.

1 comment:

Gina said...

Considering your health last month, I think you did a good job with the treadmill. And I'd completely forgotten about the push-up challenge, so you're kicking butt!