Friday, March 28, 2008

Buttons

At long last I have found some buttons that will work with the Audrey sweater.For three weeks I've been scouring Joann's supplies and found some perfect buttons that were too small and, no, I cannot order a larger size. Or I've found some absolutely beautiful buttons that I could use, but for the fact that I could only locate two. And, no, I cannot order more because the computer said they had more in the store. Why is it, if they get buttons on their truck every week, will it take at least two weeks for my order to come in considering I can only order things they stock on their shelves?

I finally opted for an internet search. I went for gold tone, because I didn't want to trust a color match on the screen. I bought this attractive scroll design.There was a very similar floral button at Joann's, but they would not order more for me. The scroll buttons I found on line are less expensive, but because they come in lots larger than I need I ended up paying slightly more for 15 buttons than I would have paid for 5.

My needles have not been quiet through the button search. Slow progress is shown on the Millicent socks. I have eight more rows to go on the pattern chart of the second sock.

After that I'll have a new challenge. The instructions say to turn the work so you are knitting in the other direction. I'll have to figure out how that is going to work.

2 comments:

hakucho said...

Glad you found some buttons you like...they're beautiful :)

Gina said...

Great button! What the heck ever happened to good customer service?