Friday, March 14, 2008

You Won't Believe...

...What We Found!

I could not believe it myself. On my may to a morning appointment I passed this house. I though, out loud to myself, "That's the biggest snowman I've ever seen! The kids have to see this!"
He is taller than the house behind him!

I did go back with the kids and camera later as is evidenced here now. Those are small tires making up his buttons and his eyes.

After being through the washer once I set my Audrey shoulder pads up on the shower rod to dry because I thought they were too big. One more trip through a less crowded washer should do the trick. I did go button shopping. I found some nice buttons, but none I liked had enough in stock to finish my sweater. So I'm still looking. In the evenings I've been keeping at the knitting, but getting used to the chart for the Millicent socks is hard work. I have been through the chart once on one sock (two more times to go) and I'm one third of the way through the first chart on the second sock. Thankfully it is going much faster and I'm making much fewer mistakes on the second sock. I'm looking forward to getting through the chart work and beginning the legs of the socks. They were the most intriguing part for me.

3 comments:

hakucho said...

Wow, that sure is an awesome snowman :)

Gina said...

What a great vision of snowman-ness! That gave me the biggest smile of the month. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

What a great snowman!!! Bet he is looking sad after all that rain!
Great work (as usual) on your knitting! :)